10th annual veterinary forensic science conference is announced:
May 16 – May 18, 2017
The Westin at Times Square
270 W 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036
The conference is now full, but there are still options for attendance. Email us to be placed on a wait list and we’ll notify you if we have an opening, or consider attending only day three (May 18), where space is currently available.
You’ll Learn About
- New approaches to collaboration to better combat animal cruelty
- The innovative partnership between the ASPCA, NYPD and NYC District Attorney’s Offices
- Recent advances and new techniques, perspectives and practices in veterinary forensics and animal law
- Case studies demonstrating the impact of forensic sciences on cruelty case outcomes
Who Should Attend?
- Vet Techs
- Law Enforcement
- Forensic Scientists and Students
- Animal Welfare & Human Service Professionals
Student Hotel Stipends Available
The IVFSA will be providing a limited number of hotel stipends to currently enrolled full-time students with posters accepted for presentation. The IVFSA Conference Planning Committee will consider each student abstract submission for a stipend award. DEADLINE EXTENDED to March 31, 2017. Click here for specific requirements for student stipends.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing education credits are pending approval with New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, the Registry of Approve Continuing Education (RACE), Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA), and Continuing Legal Education.
The discount room bloc for conference participants at the Westin Times Square is sold out. Conference registrants will receive an email update if more rooms become available. To book a room at regular hotel rates, visit http://www.westinny.com
Sponsorship/Tables at Exhibit Hall
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mahathi Gerts at 212.876.7700 ext. 4389 or email us.