10th annual veterinary forensic science conference is announced:
May 16 – May 18, 2017
The Westin at Times Square
270 W 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036
Although regular seating for the conference is sold out, due to the high level of interest we have established an overflow room adjacent to the main conference hall. This room will have a live video feed, and those registered for this room will still be able to participate in Q&A sessions with conference presenters and all other conference activities. Register now.
You’ll Learn About
- New approaches to collaboration to better combat animal cruelty
- The innovative partnership between the ASPCA, NYPD and NYC District Attorney’s Offices
- Recent advances and new techniques, perspectives and practices in veterinary forensics and animal law
- Case studies demonstrating the impact of forensic sciences on cruelty case outcomes
Who Should Attend?
- Vet Techs
- Law Enforcement
- Forensic Scientists and Students
- Animal Welfare & Human Service Professionals
An Introduction to the Applications of Trace Evidence in Animal Abuse Casework—a one-day workshop with Skip Palenik of Microtrace, LLC
When: Monday, May 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Introduction: What is trace evidence, how should it be collected and what can we do with it in the laboratory?
- Dust, Soil and Plant Particles: Particle collection and analysis and what we can learn from matter in the wrong place.
- Unknown Solids, Liquids and Volatiles: Identification, collection and the types of answers they can provide.
- Firearms Discharge: What can trace evidence analysis tell us about guns, bullets and residues associated with them?
- Hair and Fibers: Identification, comparisons and what we can learn through laboratory analysis.
- Case examples and discussion
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing education credits are pending approval with New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, the Registry of Approve Continuing Education (RACE), Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA), and Continuing Legal Education.
The discount room bloc for conference participants at the Westin Times Square is sold out. Conference registrants will receive an email update if more rooms become available. To book a room at regular hotel rates, visit http://www.westinny.com
Sponsorship/Tables at Exhibit Hall
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mahathi Gerts at 212.876.7700 ext. 4389 or email us.